Number 12

Hi all!   This update is long, long overdue... It is also of a house number... a number 12.

Using a piece of medium-fibre density board I painted on a good textured sealant on all sides and allowed it to dry very well.
  

Played around with a couple of fonts and decided on a modern one... then using chalk drew the numbers onto the prepared board.  Black-on-white were the colours of choice... and so started on the numbers using black, also including a few pieces of different shades of grey and a deep purple.  Once the one and the two were glued in place, the background and sides were completed in white.

After allowing the glued pieces to dry very well, white grout mixed with a water-proofing agent was applied to finish off the number.  Below you can see it all cleaned up and ready. 

Thank-you for visiting.  My next post will be a rather interesting project so stay tuned... Until then.

Comments

  1. I admire your beautiful art you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else..
    mosaic south africa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts