She Sells Seashells on the Seashore...

My boy, Buco.

At last....it's done!!  This idea came about quite a while ago...

My beautiful dog Buco, who is sadly no longer with us, and I were enjoying a gorgeous windless summer morning walk on the beach... While picking up shells at a particular little part of the beach I became aware of the rather coarse sand under my feet... Scooping up a handful I noticed the sand was actually bits and pieces of shells that had been broken up and shaped by the waves pounding the shore over time.  I decided then I had to incorporate these interesting tiny seashells into a project some day. 

This one is for you, Buco. xoxo

Bloubergstrand

Seashells
 

 
Using a basic pot I randomly glued on a mix of seashells, beach pebbles, chopped up tiles, broken crockery and pieces of mirror.
 
 
Next was the fun stage... combining the seashells with ivory coloured grout... adding the liquid and mixing altogether.  
 


When grouting pots I always flip them over and start applying the mix at the bottom first for ease.  Once I'm just about half-way up I flip it back over again to finish up the process.






All cleaned up and ready.

Comments

Popular Posts