BEIGE FRAME with MIRROR & DEWDROP DETAIL

This mirror was part of a collection for an exhibition.  Loved it so much I was looking forward to bringing it home and hanging it up in our house, should it not sell.  Well... it did find a good home :-)  ... now I just need to make something similar to grace the walls of our home.

I enjoyed working with these rectangular unglazed tiles... a little tough to work with but was worth the effort.  Mosaiced the corners first, cutting mirror for the leafy detail and used dewdrops for the berries, then outlined the inner and outer frame with a darker beige.  Lastly, filled the rest of the frame with the lighter creamy beige tiles.



Once all the pieces were glued in place, it looked so divine I actually considered not grouting the frame, but as you can see I did so using cream grout and was very happy with the end result.






Comments

Popular Posts